Now, of course we’d never condone actual murder, but with some Plasti Dip and a customizer’s eye, you can really “murder out” your ride.
Depending on the color scheme of your vehicle, you may be able to find a good match with one of Plasti Dip’s five ready-made colors (there are actually six different types available, but clear isn’t a color). Or, for truly unique colors, get yourself one of Plasti Dip International’s Create Your Color Kits and let your imagination run wild!
One of the most popular Plasti Dip projects for custom cars is colored wheels. All it takes is painter’s tape or some index cards around the edges (you probably don’t want to Plasti Dip your tires) and a few coats of Plasti Dip. The results can get pretty wild when true customizing mavens get to work.
Another great idea is to coat the emblems, logos, and badging on your car. Cover them in complementary or contrasting colors of Plasti Dip for a subtle but eye-catching look. Depending on your car, this project could be a little more difficult than Plasti Dipping the wheels, but it should pose no real problems for an adept DIYer.
Other potential Plasti Dip customization areas of your car:
- Door handles: You need to be careful with these, as you want to be sure they still function properly, but when done right they look pretty slick.
- Exterior rear view mirrors: The housings, not the actual mirrors themselves (even clear Plasti Dip would be a bad idea there). Another subtle but sharp-looking possibility.
- Grille and/or Front Bumper: This application is both fashionable and functional—your car’s front end will look great, and it’ll be protected from road debris.
- Interior: There are ample Plasti Dipping opportunities inside your car. The steering wheel, the shifter, trim, various knobs and switches—the possibilities here are nearly limitless.
- The whole dang car: It takes a lot of Plasti Dip, but it has been done.
Plasti Dip is great for customizing your car. It’s quicker, easier, and far less expensive than having a custom shop do it for you, and, unlike painting, powder coating, etc., if you don’t like the look, Plasti Dip will peel right off, leaving the paint, chrome, or whatever’s underneath unblemished.
What kinds of crazy car mods have you perpetrated with Plasti Dip? Let us know all about it in the comments—and if you’ve got photos, even better! Share them on our Twitter or Facebook page. We always like to hear about the inventive ways Plasti Dip fans use our product. Be sure to visit PlastiDip.com to learn more about all of Plasti Dip International’s wonderful products.
It won’t make your car faster, it won’t improve your gas mileage, but holy guacamole will Plasti Dip make your car look good!